Connect Your Classrooms
Cisco Meraki is redefining education by providing IT teams with the networking infrastructure they need to support students and teachers in a constantly evolving classroom environment.
Schools of all sizes can improve student learning with reliable wired connections and always-on wireless coverage, while giving IT peace of mind with easy to deploy physical and network security.Attend A Webinar
Built for High-Density Classrooms
Deliver superior performance in high-density wireless environments, so teachers can spend more time teaching and students can spend more time learning
- Support 1:1 iPad initiatives and BYOD environments with no network slow downs
- Easily handle increases in traffic, especially on testing days, with a network built to scale
- Throttle bandwidth hogs, block unwanted web traffic, and prioritize educational apps
- With complete network visibility and control, spend less time on day-to-day configurations and management
Perfect for Lean IT Teams
With the easy-to-use, web-based Meraki dashboard, small IT teams can use powerful technology to configure, manage, and troubleshoot the entire network from anywhere
- No hardware controllers required, IT staff does not need to be onsite to manage and troubleshoot the network
- Rapidly deploy a campus-wide network over a long weekend or holiday break, saving time and eliminating learning disruption
- Manage the entire network from one place, freeing up IT teams to focus on district-wide priorities
- No specialized training or command-line required, non-technical staff can set up and manage the network
“Thanks to the vastly superior management capabilities and the minimal amount of time spent managing, troubleshooting, or configuring Meraki hardware, we have more time that we can dedicate to making our classrooms 21st century learning centers.”
— C.R. Hiestand, Network and Systems AdministratorRead the Guide: 8 Reasons Why K-12 IT Teams Use Meraki →
Transform Learning with Improved Student Experiences
Engage students in the classroom, after school, and at home with reliable connections and managed devices that enable learning
Close the Digital Divide
- Give students equal access to technology, no matter which school in the district they attend or their economic background
- With a robust, flexible, and scalable network, enable 21st century learning for all students
- Provide reliable access to digital resources in and out of the classroom with continuous connections
- Ensure students are using the right applications and are spending less time playing games and on social media
- Partner with the community to provide wireless coverage on the school bus, in the community center, and at the library to narrow the digital divide
1:1 Device Management
- Manage all school owned devices from the same intuitive, cloud-based dashboard where you manage the rest of your Meraki network
- Unify management, control, and security of thousands of iOS, Android, Mac, and PC devices
- Remotely deploy software, content, and applications to all, or specific, students devices
- Block specific applications, or put devices on single-app mode, to ensure students are focusing on the correct lesson
- Track and find lost or stolen devices, and wipe devices that can’t be retrieved
Simple, Powerful Networking Technology for K-12
Cisco Meraki cloud-managed technology provides complete network visibility and control – no hardware controllers or overlay software required. Configurations and management are easily performed remotely or on-site, while troubleshooting can be done in a fraction of the time with advanced networking analytics, allowing you to focus on more impactful projects.
Simplify Network and
With end-to-end network intelligence through Meraki SM, the Meraki dashboard, Wireless Health, and Meraki Insight, you can easily identify network problems from the end-point to the application server, in a fraction of the time it normally takes to troubleshoot.
Provide the best experience for students and teachers with a holistic view of what is contributing to the end-user’s network slow-down, whether it’s the iPad, cloud application, or state testing site, leading to a faster time to resolution.
Safe and Secure
With content filtering, application control, and SD-WAN capabilities on the Meraki MX security appliance, reduce operational costs, simplify multi-site deployments, and use bandwidth more efficiently to ensure optimal performance for critical applications without sacrificing security or data privacy.
With Meraki MV security cameras, ensure students’ physical safety at all times with security cameras that are exceptionally simple to deploy and configure and eliminate the costs and complexities that often come with traditional solutions.
Visibility and Control
The Meraki dashboard provides valuable insight into network usage. With integrated Layer 7 traffic shaping, classify evasive and encrypted applications, throttle bandwidth hogs, block unwanted web traffic with CIPA-compliant content filtering, and prioritize educational apps.
Meraki MR access points, MS switches, and MX security appliances are all managed in the same dashboard for increased network simplification.
All Cisco Meraki devices are centrally and securely managed from the cloud using a single web-based dashboard. Our feature-rich, intuitive architecture enables customers to save time, reduce operating costs, and solve new business problems.
Optimized for high-density with 802.11ac & Bluetooth
Feature rich unified threat management & SD-WAN with extension to AWS & Azure
Layer 2 & Layer 3 switches for mission-critical networks
Improved user experience and deeper insight into your WAN
Unified management & control of thousands of devices
Streamlines deployment & monitoring of video security systems