Connect your community
Connecting your community starts with the underlying network. Cisco Meraki enables state and local governments to implement smart initiatives that positively impact communities’ quality of life, security, and the local economy with simple IT. With a reliable and secure network, you spend more time on strategic government initiatives and less time on day-to-day maintenance.
Simplify network management
- Configure, troubleshoot, and update all Meraki devices remotely.
- Reduce duplicate vendor, application, and service costs by streamlining network management.
- Complete network visibility; spend less time on daily configurations and management.
- Manage the entire network through a single interface.
Built for lean government IT teams
- Free IT staff from the hassle of on-site management with no hardware controllers.
- Deploy an entire network in days by pre-configuring devices before they arrive.
- Manage all network infrastructure from one place.
- No specialized training or command-line required; non-technical staff can set up and manage the network.
Florida Dept. of Environmental Protection
“Across the whole Meraki product line, there is flexibility, ease of installation and deployment, and simplified firmware upgrades and maintenance – it is a single interface for managing switching, routing, wireless, telephones – the whole works.”
— Arthur W. Wilson, Network Engineer
Improve worker and citizen experiences
With a reliable network backbone in place, IT teams can enable government workers to be more effective and efficient, while improving citizen experiences.
Enable next-generation workers
Give workers the tools and real-time information they need, with reliable and secure network access in government offices and out in the field.
- Attract new and skilled workers with access to modern technology, like mobile applications, collaboration tools, and BYOD.
- Break down government silos and improve cross-agency collaboration with secure site-to-site VPN connections.
- Make real-time, impactful decisions with faster and reliable access to data from anywhere.
- Improve productivity by making it easier for workers to do their jobs with always-on network connectivity.
Improve citizen experiences
With reliable connectivity, communities can deliver effective public services, share meaningful interactions with constituents, and increase quality of life.
- Close the digital divide by providing public Wi-Fi across the community.
- Improve the safety of residents with better connected and more efficient law enforcement and emergency services teams.
- Reduce crime and make informed decisions with easily searchable and sharable video footage.
- Use out-of-the-box data analytics to make smarter, more timely decisions that directly impact citizens.
Using LED lights with sensors provided by our partners, street lights can automatically respond to movement and light levels, illuminating when people walk by at night and dimming during low activity, reducing crime and energy costs.
Use video cameras and connected road sensors to monitor vehicles and collect important data on traffic patterns. With this, you can decrease traffic and simplify parking, improve public transportation usage with accurate departure and arrival times, and reduce carbon emissions with less gas cars on the road.
With built in Bluetooth Beacons and heat maps, easily see how many people are on the network and where people are going – providing valuable insight into client and visitor behavior. Use connected environmental sensors from our partners to monitor air quality, water levels, noise, and allergens to keep people safe and reduce energy costs.
Explore our products
All Cisco Meraki devices are centrally and securely managed from the cloud using a single web-based dashboard. Our feature-rich, intuitive architecture enables customers to save time, reduce operating costs, and solve new business problems.
Security & SD-WAN
Feature rich unified threat management & SD-WAN with extension to AWS & Azure