Connecting with the community
Cisco Meraki enables state and local governments to build more robust, easily managed, secure networks. This allows for more time spent on strategic initiatives that help make communities better and safer for citzens.
Want more info on how to build a secure, simplified network with ARPA federal funding?
Cloud-based technology your polling place can count on
Our simplified network configuration and management ensures uptime and connectivity on election day. Boost physical, network, and end device security to run a more efficient polling station.Read the whitepaper
Simplify network management
- Configure, troubleshoot, and update all Meraki devices remotely.
- Reduce duplicate vendor, application, and service costs by streamlining network management.
- Complete network visibility; spend less time on daily configurations and management.
- Manage the entire network through a single interface.
Built for lean government IT teams
- Free IT staff from the hassle of on-site management with no hardware controllers.
- Deploy an entire network in days by pre-configuring devices before they arrive.
- Manage all network infrastructure from one place.
- No specialized training or command-line required; non-technical staff can set up and manage the network.
Florida Dept. of Environmental Protection
“Across the whole Meraki product line, there is flexibility, ease of installation and deployment, and simplified firmware upgrades and maintenance – it is a single interface for managing switching, routing, wireless, telephones – the whole works.”
— Arthur W. Wilson, Network Engineer
Better network for better experiences
Robust, safe, and secure networks enable IT teams to be more effective and improve government worker and private citizen experiences.
Enabling the next-gen government worker
Give workers the tools and real-time information they need, with reliable and secure network access in government offices and out in the field.
- Attract new and skilled workers with access to modern technology, like mobile applications, collaboration tools, and BYOD.
- Break down silos and improve cross-agency collaboration with secure VPN connections.
- Make impactful decisions with reliable access to data, whether in the office or out in the field.
- Improve productivity with robust, secure, and always-on network connectivity.
Improving citizen experiences
With reliable connectivity, communities can deliver effective public services, share meaningful interactions with constituents, and increase quality of life.
- Closing the digital divide by providing access to a strong, and safe public Wi-Fi for everyone.
- Improving the quality of life for residents with connected and efficient law enforcement and emergency services teams.
- Easily stored and searchable video footage to help reduce crime.
- Out-of-the-box data analytics that enable smarter, more timely decisions that directly impact citizens.
Are you ready to create better experiences for your government workers and private citizens?
Using LED lights with sensors provided by our partners, street lights can automatically respond to movement and light levels, illuminating when people walk by at night and dimming during low activity, reducing crime and energy costs.
Use video cameras and connected road sensors to monitor vehicles and collect important data on traffic patterns. With this, you can decrease traffic and simplify parking, improve public transportation usage with accurate departure and arrival times, and reduce carbon emissions with less gas cars on the road.
With built in BluetoothⓇ Beacons and heat maps, easily see how many people are on the network and where people are going – providing valuable insight into client and visitor behavior. Use connected environmental sensors from our partners to monitor air quality, water levels, noise, and allergens to keep people safe and reduce energy costs.