Whether online, on the phone, or on-demand , our resources are available around the clock to ensure you are well supported from initial deployment to network growth
General Support Philosophy
Introduction and General Philosophy
This page outlines the process by which Meraki coordinates and delivers its technical support responses to its customers. All processes outlined throughout this page apply to all Cisco Meraki products. Cisco Meraki’s general philosophy is to:
- Provide the highest quality and fastest possible support directly to Cisco Meraki customers.
- Deliver customer satisfaction; internally, the Cisco Meraki support team is evaluated on their customer satisfaction metrics and are responsible for delivering consistent measured customer satisfaction.
- Ensure Cisco Meraki authorized resellers are properly supported during field installations and troubleshooting activities, assuming the support request is in regards to a currently licensed Meraki product.
- Effectively track and coordinate customer interactions and support activities.
Cisco Meraki Support Paradigm
Meraki Support Paradigm
- All customers have an explicit support owner at all times. Normally this is a Cisco Meraki support team member; however, during pre-sales product it could be a Cisco Meraki Systems Engineer, VAR, or other field sales resource.
- All legitimate support requests are the responsibility of Cisco Meraki Support until closure, unless there is explicit agreement between Meraki Support and the customer to transfer management of the case to another party.
- Unless discussed and agreed to by Cisco Meraki Support, all customer support communication flows through the Cisco Meraki Support Team. This ensures:
- Proper case management and recording
- Proper follow up is achieved throughout case lifecycle
- Customer satisfaction is the responsibility of the Cisco Meraki Support Team. If a case is reassigned to another Meraki resource, or a Cisco Meraki authorized reseller, Cisco Meraki reserves the right to expect timely response from that party or Meraki Support may intervene to ensure customer satisfaction.
The Cisco Meraki cloud management platform provides Support engineers with rich visibility into customer networks, resulting in faster diagnosis and resolution of cases. Our policies, outlined below, ensure that customer information is only accessed with prior consent, for the purposes of resolving a support case.
- Support will not view customers’ network configuration without prior consent
- Support will not modify customers’ network without prior consent
- On rare occasions, support may view network status without prior notice to identify and diagnose system-wide issues. In these cases, network configuration information, including security settings and policies, will not be accessed.
- Customers may remove Support’s access to a network entirely by selecting “Prevent Meraki support from viewing this organization” in the Dashboard. Once checked, Support will not be able to access any aspect of the network. Customers will need to uncheck this box if technical assistance is required.
Hours and SLAs
Meraki support operates 24×7 support out of five support centers based in San Francisco, Chicago, London, Shanghai, and Sydney.
Meraki has no support-specific licensing. Customers may open an unlimited number of support cases with the purchase of any device license, and can contact Meraki by phone or email.
Service providers and resellers who offer fully managed network services using Meraki devices likewise may open an unlimited number of support cases and interact directly with Meraki support centers. End customers (i.e. guests at a hotel) accessing networks supported or provided by service providers will contact the help desk for that Meraki Partner.
Cisco Meraki’s cloud infrastructure is covered under a 99.99% SLA and the Cisco Meraki Infrastructure team manages it 24×7×365 to ensure high availability. In the extremely unlikely event of a cloud infrastructure interruption, user traffic and data continues to flow, and Meraki Support provides an emergency support SLA of 15 minutes.
Hours of Operation and SLA
Online / email support
- Non-emergency support cases opened via email will be answered within one business day; usually within 2 hours.
- Emergency support is offered exclusively via telephone to ensure that Meraki engineers can conduct appropriate troubleshooting and technical response.
- Phones at Meraki technical support centers are staffed 24×7×365 to ensure that one-on-one, phone-based technical support is always available from Meraki’s technical support engineers.
Meraki Support will ship new devices overnight from global distribution centers to a customer-specified location within 1 business day of any support case requiring the Advanced Replacement RMA of any device. Delivery times to certain countries or remote destinations can vary.
For Hours/SLA information on legacy Meraki “Pro” networks, please contact Meraki Support.
Severity 1: Critical impact on the customer’s business operations. Cisco’s hardware, software, or as a service product is down.
Severity 2: Substantial impact on customer’s business operations. Cisco hardware, software, or as a service product is degraded.
Severity 3: Minimal impact on customer’s business operations. Cisco hardware, software, or as a service product is partially degraded.
Severity 4: No impact on customer’s business operations. The customer requests information about features, implementation, or configuration for Cisco’s hardware, software, or as a service product.
Note: If you are experiencing a high-severity network-impacting situation, please call Cisco Meraki Support on +1 (415) 937-6671. When contacting Cisco Meraki Support via phone, please have your customer number and support passcode ready. These can both be found at the Help > Get help > Still need help? > Call the Meraki Support team page.
A full list of region-specific phone numbers can be found in the dashboard under Help > Get help > Still need help? > Call the Meraki Support team > View regional phone numbers, or on the Meraki Support home page.
For non-urgent issues, support cases can also be opened via the dashboard.
To submit a case in the dashboard:
- Log in to the dashboard.
- Navigate to Help > Get help > Still need help? > Submit an email case.
- Use the provided fields to explain the question or issue. Please include any relevant details.
- Click Submit.
You will receive a confirmation email, and a support engineer will get back to you as soon as possible. You can update the case if needed by replying to that email or by visiting the Help > Get help > View full case history page in the dashboard.
Warranty Returns (RMA)
- To comply with best practices, all RMA requests should only be processed after a technical support case has been opened and proper troubleshooting has taken place.
- Products covered by the Cisco Meraki lifetime warranty are eligible for advance replacement. Unless you have purchased Meraki Now, advance replacement orders will ship within 1 business day on a best case effort basis. All Cisco Meraki hardware products come with either a one-year or lifetime warranty, as specified on the relevant Cisco Meraki data sheet.
- In the event a customer RMA request is approved, Cisco Meraki will email an RMA number and a return shipping label free of charge. Any replacement unit will ship within five business days of receiving defective units as stock allows. If no defect is found, the RMA request will be rejected and the customer will be notified.