Meraki Yacht Club – MYC
ANZ Terms and Conditions
Last Updated 7/19/2016
1. No Purchase Necessary. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY MONEY IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Sponsor. The sponsor of the Promotion is Meraki LLC (“Meraki” or “Sponsor”), 500 Terry A. Francois Blvd., San Francisco, CA 94158.
3. Promotion Period. The promotion (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:00 am Pacific time on May 23, 2016 and ends at 11:59 pm Pacific time on July 29, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer network is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
4. Entry. In order to be eligible for the Promotion, participants (each a “Participant”) must be a sales representative at an authorized Cisco Meraki reseller (“Partner”) that has not opted-out of the Promotion, and Participant must (i) be a legal resident of New Zealand or Australia, (ii) is at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, (iii) have the permission of Partner to participate in the Promotion and accept the prizes described below if awarded to such Participant, and (iv) have completed a Cisco Meraki online training video and questionnaire available during the Promotion Period at merakipartners.com/yachtclubANZ (the “Promo Questionnaire”). Participants are solely responsible for (i) informing Partner of their participation in the Promotion, (ii) compliance with contractual limitations and procedures established by Partner related to their participation, and (iii) compliance with any applicable laws, including laws requiring disclosure of participation and Prize amounts to third parties. The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Partners may opt-out of the Promotion at any time by emailing email@example.com.
5. The Prizes. The prizes described below are referred to individually as a “Prize” and together as the “Prizes.”
a. Performance Prize.
i. Prize; How to Win. Subject to the terms and conditions hereof, each Participant is eligible to win a $300 AUD cash prize for each Qualifying Switch Deal (as defined below) or Qualifying Set Sail Deal (as defined below) up to a maximum amount of $7,500 AUD (the total cash prize received by each participant, a “Performance Prize”). There is no limit on the number of Participants who may be awarded a Performance Prize.
b. Final Prize Amounts. Sponsor will issue any Prizes, directly or indirectly, to Partner to deliver to winning Participants in Partner’s sole discretion and subject to taxes. As a result, the amount of any cash Prize finally received by Participant may be less than the amount set forth above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may increase the amount of a cash Prize to offset expected taxes. Sponsor has no control over whether the applicable Partner actually distributes all or any portion a Prize to a winning Participant.
c. Prize Conditions. A Participant must be employed by Partner at the time of Prize issuance to be eligible to receive the Prize. No substitution, assignment, transfer, or cash redemption of any Prize is allowed by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize with another item of equal or greater value should the advertised Prize become unavailable for any reason. If a potential winner is unable to participate in or accept the Prize or any portion of the Prize for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such potential winner. Neither Sponsor nor any of its Prize suppliers will replace any lost or stolen items, cards or certificates after being awarded to winners.
i. Meraki “sales” are measured by distributor’s (or, in the case of a direct deal, Partner’s) cost of goods from Meraki or Cisco Systems, Inc. as applicable.
ii. A sale or deal is considered “closed” when the products listed on the purchase order have actually been shipped to the end customer.
iii. “Qualifying Products” means Meraki products with SKUs beginning with MS or LIC-MS.
iv. “Qualifying Switch Deal” means a deal, or multiple deals with the same account, that (i) are registered and approved through Meraki’s deal registration portal on merakipartners.com during the Promotion Period, (ii) include an aggregate minimum of $5,000 USD in sales of Qualifying Products sold (and not returned during the 30-day return window) to a single new Meraki account that has no prior purchases of the Qualifying Products before the commencement of the Promotion Period, and (iii) are closed during the Promotion Period. If there is any previous closed-won switch business on an account before the commencement of the Promotion Period, then a deal involving that account is not a Qualifying Switch Deal. No account can give rise to more than one Qualifying Switch Deal, and only one Participant can receive credit for each Qualifying Switch Deal. Deal registrations must be approved by a Meraki sales representative in accordance with the criteria available at http://www.merakipartners.com.
v. “Qualifying Set Sail Deal” means a deal, or multiple deals with the same account, that: (i) are registered and approved through Meraki’s deal registration portal on merakipartners.com or approved as OIPs through Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW), in each case, on or after February 2, 2016, and (ii) include an aggregate minimum of $5,000 USD in sales of Qualifying Products sold (and not returned during the 30-day return window) to a single new Meraki account that has no prior purchases of the Qualifying Products before February 2, 2016, (iii) are closed during the Promotion Period, and (iv) qualified for, and was granted the discount described in, the Set Sail with Meraki Switches incentive: https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/meraki-5yr-switch-licensing-promo-terms-and-conditions-customers/, in each case, as verified by Sponsor’s internal sales records.
6. To Claim a Prize: Each Participant that has completed a Promo Questionnaire will receive a Prize claim form via electronic mail from Sponsor during the Promotion Period (a “Claim Form”). Eligible Participants must complete and return a Claim Form by August 15, 2016 at 11:59pm Pacific time to remain eligible to win a Prize. Meraki will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify the winning Participants by email and issue the Prize applicable to each winning Participant to the applicable Partner within 60 days after the end of the Promotion Period. Sponsor will need to receive bank transfer information from Partner in order to issue the Prizes. If the Partner that employs a Participant opts-out of the Promotion at any time, as described in Section 4, then such Participant will not be eligible to receive any Prize.
7. General Conditions. The Promotion is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws, and these Terms and Conditions. By participating in the Promotion, Partner and Participants agree to (i) abide by these Terms and Conditions and any decision Sponsor makes regarding this Promotion, which Sponsor shall make in its sole discretion, and (ii) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant who, in Sponsor’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with Sponsor site, the entry process, violates these rules, or acts in an unprofessional, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to (i) cancel or modify any aspect of the Promotion at any time without notice, and (ii) cancel the Promotion should it suspect fraud or for reasons out of the control of Sponsor, in each case, without any obligation to Participants. Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the contest. Following the Promotion Period, Sponsor will not be required to retain records of any entries.
8. Third Party Sites. To the extent the Promotion uses or requires functionality of any third party website (e.g., social media sites or platforms that enable broad communications, collaboration or posting of content), Participant understands that the Promotion is not sponsored by such third parties, and further agrees to follow the policies posted on such website.
9. Tax Provisions. Each winner will be solely responsible for any local, provincial, country or any other applicable taxes, and any other costs, expenses and fees in connection with the Prize. If applicable, the winner(s) may be issued an IRS Form 1099 or other tax documentation for the approximate retail value of any awarded Prize.
10. Disclaimer; Release and Limit of Liability. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding any Prize or your participation in the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion or receiving any Prize, Participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and Prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, damages of any kind including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages to persons, including without limitation disability or death, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, use or misuse of any Prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason a Participant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, such Participant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, then no other remedy will be available to such Participant.
11. Personal Data and Communications. The Sponsor cannot operate the Promotion without processing certain data supplied by and attributable to the Participants. Such data may include personal data attributable to individual Participants. Participants should anticipate that personal data supplied to Sponsor will be exported to the U.S. for processing in connection with the Promotion. Processing of personal data will be required to award the Prizes and will include all incidental processing necessary to operate the Promotion in accordance with the terms hereof. Participants should anticipate that such processing will be undertaken by the Sponsor, its sub-contractors, and other members of the group of companies to which the Sponsor belongs. By accepting the terms hereof, each Participant consents to the processing of the information and personal data supplied to the Sponsor as outlined above.
12. Publicity Release. Participants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may use the Promotion for publicity, advertising or other marketing purposes in any media, and may use the name, likeness, and state of residence and/or Prize information of winning Participants as part of that publicity, without notice or additional compensation to such Participants.
13. Disputes. Disputes regarding these Terms and Conditions and the Promotion will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
14. Terms And Conditions And Winners’ List. For a copy of these Terms and Conditions or the names of winners, please send your request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 500 Terry A. Francois Blvd., San Francisco, CA 94158, ATTN: Meraki Yacht Club Promotion (ANZ). Winners list to be available approximately 60 days after the Promotion Period.