100% cloud managed for faster deployment, simplified administration, and richer visibility
Cisco Meraki access points are built from the highest grade components and carefully optimized for a seamless user experience. The outcome: faster connections, greater user capacity, more coverage, and fewer support calls.
Built for Performance
Enterprise-class 802.11ac APs feature high power radios and enhanced receive sensitivity. MIMO and integrated beamforming maximize capacity without sacrificing range.
- Enhanced CPU for line-rate deep packet inspection
- Multigigabit ethernet for 2.5 Gbps over a single cable (MR53, MR53E, and MR84 only)
- Custom RF design for enhanced performance
Dedicated Security Radio
In addition to the high-power 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz client-service radios, most Meraki APs pack a dedicated security radio. The radio:
- Continuously scans and protects against security threats
- Senses the RF environment and adapts to interference
- Automatically configures RF settings to maximize performance
- User: Mariel
- Device: iPhone 5s
- Location: Lobby
- Apps: FaceTime, MS Exchange
- Usage: 78 GB
- Policy: BYOD-Employees
- Managed: Yes
- Compliant: Yes
- App Update: Pending
Meraki access points provide deep network insight enabling smarter network management.
The Cisco Meraki dashboard gives visibility into the network users, their devices, and their applications. Armed with rich analytics, administrators can quickly create access control and application usage policies, optimizing both the end-user experience and network security.
The Entire Network Under A Single Pane Of Glass
Powerful and intuitive multi-site management via the cloud, while eliminating the cost and complexity of traditional on-site wireless controllers.
The industry’s only end-to-end solution which unifies WAN, LAN, wireless LAN, and mobile device management under a single pane of glass.
Cloud-based location analytics and mobile engagement
Integrated Bluetooth Beacons, streamlined guest access, and rich location analytics provide unmatched opportunity for customer engagement.Explore the complete solution
Do More with Less
Meraki simplifies day to day operations and puts intuitive yet powerful tools in the hands of network administrators.
- Add wireless capacity in minutes with fully automatic provisioning
- Manage complex, dynamic environments using Auto RF
- Throttle bandwidth or block applications with two clicks
- Streamline device onboarding with built-in MDM
1Configure wireless network settings in dashboard
2Mount and plug in access point
3APs automatically pull configurations from the cloud
4APs self-optimize RF for peak performance
Manage your entire Meraki infrastructure from anywhere
- Monitor wireless, switching, and security infrastructure
- See network status and usage
- Receive push notifications for network outages
- Scan AP barcode to add it to your network
- Use the phone’s camera to photograph the AP mounting location
- Pinpoint the AP location using GPS
- Verify connectivity using live tools
- Measure network throughput remotely
- Reboot devices without on-site staff
Seamless over-the-web upgrades deliver significant new features to your current products, increasing the value of your investment.
- New features delivered as automatic updates
- Always up-to-date with emerging device types and application profiles
- New visibility, analytics, and troubleshooting tools added to the dashboard
The Cisco Meraki wireless solution includes a complete, robust feature set right out of the box. No additional purchase required.
Seamlessly manage campus-wide WiFi deployments and distributed multi-site networks from a single pane-of-glass.
Pass 2.5Gbps of traffic over a single cable in order to take full advantage of high speed 802.11ac Wave 2 wireless.
Reveal powerful metrics such as visitor capture rate, user visit time, and repeat visits by listening for wireless devices.
Identify which applications are being used, and then prioritize critical apps while limiting recreational apps.
RF optimization with real-time spectrum analysis enables high performance wireless in dense, demanding environments.
Automatically optimize WiFi by measuring channel utilization, signal strength, throughput, and interference.
Instantly detects interference, vulnerabilities, and attacks on all channels.
Automatically assigns firewall and traffic shaping rules, VLAN tags, and bandwidth limits to enforce the right policies for each class of users.
Meraki MR + Umbrella: A Match Made in the Cloud
Introducing the Meraki MR and Umbrella integration, to give extra protection to wireless clients on your Meraki network, without extra headache.
With Umbrella+MR, you can protect against threats like malware, ransomware, and C2 callbacks by enforcing security at the DNS layer. This secures the “last mile” of a client’s internet connection, which can often be left exposed and vulnerable.
Assign Umbrella policies to wireless networks on a per-SSID basis, or by using Meraki Group Policies, all within the Meraki dashboard.
Paving the Way for Smarter Wireless
Metrics and anomaly detection for client network associations, wireless connection quality, and capacity.
Wireless Health enables rapid identification of the worst-performing APs and clients across networks, making troubleshooting easier.
Easily manage challenging installations
- Use RF profiles to fine-tune coverage across multiple APs
- Mitigate co-channel interference with customizable RX-SOP
- Pre-defined templates for auditoriums, open offices, and more
- Deploy quickly and intelligently at maximum performance