Meraki Software Engineers breathe life into our cloud-managed network-attached devices, which include switches, routers, wireless access, and security cameras. We use real-time telemetry from thousands of deployed networks spanning the globe to continuously improve the performance and stability of our products. We are passionate about building real products that our customers love.
As a Senior Systems Software Engineer, you will be responsible for bringing up new products and features to support the growth of MS, and will have the opportunity to rework existing components and subsystems in order to support our customers' needs in terms of performance, simplicity, scalability, and availability.
Our projects are driven by technological innovation and developer creativity in addition to market demands, giving you the structure and freedom to pursue projects you are most passionate about. In this role, you will work across teams to craft systems that enable Meraki to tackle complex problems for its customers. With millions of people using Meraki products around the world, your work will have a significant impact from the day very day your contributions are deployed.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Fluency in C++
- Experience with testing frameworks, such as Gtest/Gmock
- Experience with an object-oriented programming paradigm
- Experience in system design and architecture
- Scripting skills in Ruby or Python
- Experience developing and troubleshooting in a Linux environment
- Understanding of OS fundamentals and experience working in both kernel and user-space
- Experience working with and writing concurrent programs
- Experience with application hosting environments and containerization (Docker, LXC)
- Experience with IPC/RPC communication mechanisms
- 7+ years experience in a production software engineering environment
- Good networking foundational knowledge (LANs, routing, switching, wireless)
Bonus points for:
- Experience developing and implementing core network protocols (TCP, IP, DNS, DHCP, ARP)
- Understanding of network security fundamentals
- Experience with build systems (Yocto, Bazel, OpenWRT)
- Experience building cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. web applications)
Meraki is headquartered in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. There are also locations in San Jose, Chicago, and Austin. All locations offer a generous benefits package.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.: When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.