- Family-owned jeweler with over 75 locations deploys Cisco Meraki access points
- Access points provide reliable wireless connection to all stores on a single SSID
- Wireless supporting iPads to virtually showcase jewelry
Interested in learning more about Cisco Meraki cloud managed solutions? Check out our webinars page for our upcoming live webinars, including featured customer A Wireless, a Premium Verizon Retailer.
Ben Bridge Jeweler, a family operated fine jewelry retailer, operates over 75 retail stores in 11 states across the Western United States. When they needed to quickly deploy and manage point-of-sale iPads in every store, they turned to Cisco Meraki for a secure, cloud-based solution, utilizing the detailed insight and granular control offered by the Cisco Meraki wireless solutions.
Original Networking Challenges
- Needed to replace old routers and install wireless in all retail stores
- Multiple brands of hardware across stores made troubleshooting and repairs difficult
“We’re a small IT team covering a large geographical area, so anything I can find to make things easy is great.” - Gregory Olander, Systems Administrator
Why Cisco Meraki
- Remote management capabilities allow for hands-off management style
- Plug-and-play devices automatically pull their configurations from the cloud
- PCI compliance built into Meraki solution
- MR wireless access points configured through dashboard and then deployed to each store; IP addresses statically assigned through dashboard
- Bridge mode enabled to make clients part of the LAN – useful for shared printers, back office machines, and registers
- One network for all wireless devices with the same SSID at all stores, WPA2-PSK authentication for employees
- A simple-to-manage network with reliable WiFi at stores across the Western United States
- Lean IT team able to service all 75 properties from HQ with the help of dashboard
- Two point-of-sale iPads used to get products in front of customers in store, increasing sales
- Future possibilities include analyzing foot traffic through smartphones and extending branding to WiFi sign-on
Join us on February 9th at 10 AM PST for the unique opportunity to hear from Stephen Stanton, VP of IT at A Wireless, a Premium Verizon Retailer, as he describes their experience expanding to 1,200 stores across the nation with Meraki.