- Why did Cisco buy Meraki, and why did Meraki agree?
Cisco appreciates that our cloud networking products are ideal for customers who need scalability and rich features, but are looking for a solution that is easy to deploy and manage. In particular, Cisco sees us delivering a lot of value to mid-market customers, while also enhancing their enterprise network offering. Cisco is also excited about our high-velocity software-centric approach to engineering and market strategy.
At Meraki, we see our products making a huge impact to customers. Cisco’s global reach will enable us to get our products in front of more customers faster than we could as an independent company. There’s much more detail, including perspectives from Rob Soderbery and Meraki CEO Sanjit Biswas, in the press release and on cisco.com.
- But I loved Meraki the way it was!
- The great news is that Cisco loved Meraki the way it was and we're all committed to preserving what makes Meraki special, and to delivering more of the products and services our customers love. The Meraki team will continue to build and support our products, with a continued emphasis on customer experience and innovation.
- Does my license or support agreement change?
- No — your license term is unchanged, your support, SLA, maintenance and feature updates continue to be included.
- Will license costs change in the future? Will I have to buy SMARTnet for support after my Meraki license expires?
- Like any cloud service, your Meraki license terms are guaranteed for the duration of the license period that you've purchased. There are no plans for you to be required to purchase SMARTnet at this point.
- Who shall I call for support?
- Continue to call Meraki support for Meraki products, and Cisco support for Cisco products.
- Will you continue to make new Meraki products?
- Yes. Meraki formed Cisco’s new Cloud Networking Group, and we’ll continue our development of new features, enhancements, and entirely new products without disruption.
- Will Cisco be integrating Meraki’s cloud management to Cisco's products like Catalyst switches?
- Our immediate priority is to continue to build and support the Meraki product line. We are looking into longer-term opportunities to broaden Meraki’s cloud management technology.
- If I need to buy more gear, shall I call my Cisco rep?
- Continue to call your Meraki sales representative.
- Can I buy from my Cisco reseller?
- Continue to call your Meraki reseller.
- Is Meraki still hiring?
- Yes! We've got big ideas of how far our group can go, and we'll need help to get there. Current openings are posted on meraki.com/jobs.
- Will ongoing upgrades continue to be free?