Meraki Masters Cisco Live! VIP Experience Promotion
Terms and Conditions
1. No Purchase Necessary. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY MONEY IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Sponsor. The sponsor of the Promotion is Meraki LLC (“Cisco Meraki” or “Sponsor”), 500 Terry A. Francois Blvd., San Francisco, CA 94158.
3. Promotion Period. The promotion (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:00 am Pacific time on June 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59 pm Pacific time on June 28, 2016 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer network is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
4. Entry. In order to be eligible for the Promotion, participants (each a “Participant”) must be a registered member of Cisco Meraki’s “Meraki Masters” program who is employed by an authorized Cisco Meraki reseller (“Partner”) that has not opted-out of the Promotion who are (i) legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia, (ii) at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, and (iii) have the permission of Partner to participate in the Promotion and accept the prizes described below if awarded to such Participant. Participants are solely responsible for informing Partner of their participation in the Promotion, and compliance with any applicable laws, contractual limitations and procedures established by Partner related to their participation. The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Partners may opt-out of the Promotion at any time by emailing [email protected]
5. The Prizes. The prizes described below are referred to individually as a “Prize” and together as the “Prizes.”
a. Concert Prize.
i. Prize. Each Participant can win a prize of admission to the Cisco Live! Customer Appreciation Event at T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV on July 13, 2016, including admission to the VIP Suite, transportation to and from a Las Vegas hotel and food at the event (the “Concert Prize”). The approximate retail value of the Concert Prize is US$1800.00. No cash or other alternative Concert Prize is available. No more than 12 Concert Prizes will be awarded. A Participant can win at most one Concert Prize.
ii. Travel and Accommodations. For each Participant who wins the Concert Prize but is not registered to attend Cisco Live!, Cisco Meraki will pay for domestic economy airfare for Participant from a major US airport to and from Las Vegas, NV (the “Trip Destination”) and two nights of accommodation in the Trip Destination at a hotel of the Cisco Meraki’s choice. To be eligible for travel and accommodations, winning Participants must contact [email protected] and provide all information reasonably requested by Cisco Meraki about travel arrangements within 2 business days after being notified of winning the Concert Prize. The approximate retail value of the foregoing is US$1800.00. No cash or other alternative is available.
iii. How to Win. After a Participant wins a Concert Prize under one of the criteria below, such Participant’s Qualifying Registrations will no longer be considered in determining the remaining winners:
a. Highest Dollar Value. The three (3) Participants who are, respectively, the principal sales engineer supporting the three (3) Qualifying Registrations with the highest dollar value in potential sales of Qualifying Products will each win a Concert Prize.
b. Most Qualifying Registrations. The three (3) Participants who are, respectively, the principal sales engineer supporting the highest total number of Qualifying Registrations will each win a Concert Prize.
c. First Three Qualifying Registrations. The three (3) Participants who are, respectively, the principal sales engineer supporting the first three (3) Qualifying Registrations to be submitted after the commencement of the Promotion Period will each win a Concert Prize.
d. Most Kinds of Products. The three (3) Participants who are, respectively, the principal sales engineer supporting the three (3) individual Deal Registrations with the highest number of different Qualifying Products (i.e., different SKUs) will each win a Concert Prize.
b. Tiebreaker. In the event of a tie, the winner of a Prize will be the tying Participant with the highest total Cisco Meraki sales closed during the Promotion Period.
i. Cisco Meraki “sales” are measured by the Partner’s cost of goods from the distributor (or from Cisco Meraki if purchased direct).
ii. A sale or deal is considered “closed” when the products listed on the purchase order have actually been shipped to the end customer.
iii. “Meraki Products” means Cisco’s line of products branded as the Cisco Meraki cloud-networking products, listed at http://meraki.cisco.com.
iv. “Qualifying Products” means Meraki Products with SKUs beginning with MR, MS, MX or MC.
v. “Qualifying Registration” means a deal, or multiple deals with the same account, (i) for purchase of Qualifying Products, (ii) that are registered and approved through Meraki’s deal registration portal on merakipartners.com or approved as OIPs through Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW) during the Promotion Period, and (iii) submitted for consideration in the Promotion during the Promotion Perriod using the online claim form provided to Participants by Cisco Meraki. No account can give rise to more than one Qualifying Registration, and only one Participant can receive credit for each Qualifying Registration. Deal registrations must be approved by a Cisco Meraki sales representative in accordance with the criteria available at http://www.merakipartners.com.
d. Prize Conditions. Sponsor may, in its discretion, issue any Prize and any travel and accommodations (i) to the winning Participant, or (ii) to Partner to deliver to such Participant in the Partner’s sole discretion and subject to taxes. A Participant must be employed by Partner at the time of Prize issuance to be eligible to receive the Prize and any travel and accommodations. No substitution, assignment, transfer, or cash redemption of any Prize or travel and accommodations is allowed by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize with another item of equal or greater value should the advertised Prize become unavailable for any reason. If a potential winner is unable to participate in or accept the Prize or any portion of the Prize for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such potential winner. Neither Sponsor nor any of its Prize suppliers will replace any lost or stolen items, cards or certificates after being awarded to winners.
6. Notification of Winners. Cisco Meraki will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify the winning Participants by email and issue the Prize applicable to each winning Participant within 5 business days after the end of the Promotion Period. Sponsor may also send potential winners a declaration of eligibility and release form (a “Release”). Unless restricted by law, potential winners receiving such a Release may be required to complete and return it within the time period specified therein. The Prize may be forfeited and, in such case, an alternate Participant may in Sponsor’s discretion be selected from among the remaining eligible entries (using the criteria described above), if a potential winner: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to provide all signatures on the Release; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the Prize for any reason.
7. General Conditions. The Promotion is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws, and these Terms and Conditions. By participating in the Promotion, Partner and Participants agree to (i) abide by these Terms and Conditions and any decision Sponsor makes regarding this Promotion, which Sponsor shall make in its sole discretion, and (ii) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant who, in Sponsor’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with Sponsor site, the entry process, violates these rules, or acts in an unprofessional, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to (i) cancel or modify any aspect of the Promotion at any time without notice, and (ii) cancel the Promotion should it suspect fraud or for reasons out of the control of Sponsor, in each case, without any obligation to Participants. Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the contest. Following the Promotion Period, Sponsor will not be required to retain records of any entries.
8. Additional Conditions for Travel and Accommodations. Winning Participants are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents, including valid passports, visas and travel insurance, and complying with all health or other government regulations. Sponsor will not be responsible for the costs of food, drink, mini-bar or any other costs that are not explicitly set forth herein. Time off for winning Participants to take part in the Concert Prize will not be paid for or arranged by Sponsor.
9. Third Party Sites. To the extent the Promotion uses or requires functionality of any third party website (e.g., social media sites or platforms that enable broad communications, collaboration or posting of content), Participant understands that the Promotion is not sponsored by such third parties, and further agrees to follow the policies posted on such website.
10. Tax Provisions. Each winner will be solely responsible for any local, provincial, country or any other applicable taxes, and any other costs, expenses and fees in connection with the Prize. If applicable, the winner(s) may be issued an IRS Form 1099 or other tax documentation for the approximate retail value of any awarded Prize.
11. Disclaimer; Release and Limit of Liability. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding any Prize, travel and accommodationsor your participation in the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion or receiving any Prize or travel and accommodations, Participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and Prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, damages of any kind including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages to persons, including without limitation disability or death, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt, use or misuse of any Prize or travel and accommodations. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize or travel and accommodations. If for any reason a Participant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, such Participant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, then no other remedy will be available to such Participant.
12. Personal Data and Communications. The Sponsor cannot operate the Promotion without processing certain data supplied by and attributable to the Participants. Such data may include personal data attributable to individual Participants. Participants should anticipate that personal data supplied to Sponsor will be exported to the U.S. for processing in connection with the Promotion. Processing of personal data will be required to award the Prizes and will include all incidental processing necessary to operate the Promotion in accordance with the terms hereof. Participants should anticipate that such processing will be undertaken by the Sponsor, its sub-contractors, and other members of the group of companies to which the Sponsor belongs. By accepting the terms hereof, each Participant consents to the processing of the information and personal data supplied to the Sponsor as outlined above.
13. Publicity Release. Participants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor may use the Promotion for publicity, advertising or other marketing purposes in any media, and may use the name, likeness, and state of residence and/or Prize information of winning Participants as part of that publicity, without notice or additional compensation to such Participants.
14. Disputes. Disputes regarding these Terms and Conditions and the Promotion will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney’s fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.
15. Terms And Conditions And Winners’ List. For a copy of these Terms and Conditions or the names of winners, please send your request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to 500 Terry A. Francois Blvd., San Francisco, CA 94158, ATTN: Meraki Masters Cisco Live! VIP Experience Promotion. Winners list to be available approximately 60 days after the Promotion Period.
Meraki Masters Cisco Live! VIP Experience Promotion